Re: SAS things

"Muenchen, Robert Anthony (Bob)" <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 19 May 2006 19:34:13 -0400

The new SAS contract we just signed dropped unlimited copies, so we have
removed it from all but one training lab. To the best of my knowledge,
SAS Institute has always counted each PC that is able to run SAS, not
concurrent users. We're putting it on our Citrix server instead. Server
licensing is now based on number of CPUs. Students can also get it on
their PCs. Our rep says that most universities really like their new
approach & we are one of the few that are slammed by it. We'll be
working hard over the coming year to remove it from as many servers as
possible.

Bob
  Bob Muenchen (pronounced Min'-chen), Manager
  Statistical Consulting Center
  U of TN Office of Information Technology
  200 Stokely Management Center, Knoxville, TN 37996-0520
  Voice: (865) 974-5230
  FAX:   (865) 974-4810
  Email: [log in to unmask]
  Web:   http://oit.utk.edu/scc,