Re: SAS things

Marg Knox <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 22 May 2006 10:58:37 -0500

Bob (and all on the list)

Thank you. And with your info and some from SAS, your comments on
concurrency seem to be the policy! I think that is TERRIBLE news and
perhaps your approach is the one that makes the most sense in coping
with this non friendly (in my estimation) approach. Do you charge for
use of your Citrix server? I realize that local culture dictates that
kind of thing but our labs for our students are run at no extra cost to
them (fees fund back behind the scenes) and our Terminal Server runs
with a cost attached to it.

Also on the CPU approach with SAS, has anyone had issues with multicore
CPU licensing? I prefer Microsoft's approach which acknowledges that
multi-core is more similar to a faster CPU than it is to a multi-cpu.
(Versus Oracle approach which says it is a multiple CPU)

Regards, Marg

Margaret H. Knox       [log in to unmask]
Director                      (512) 475-9224
The University of Texas
ITS- Collaboration & Academic Resources
OTIS - System wide Strategies
FAC 248 I (at Austin)78712