Re: University Software Licensing Services

Theresa M Rowe <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 6 Jun 2006 16:39:43 -0400

IT procurement, including software acquisition and license management, is part of IT.  We work closely with the offices of purchasing and risk management.

We have just one position dedicated to software management, and the position also manages our IT budget.  We are having difficulty filling it (it is open).

This is an area which is growing strongly.  I reviewed our records and just 10 years ago we had no enterprise systems license (we had dropped support) and no database license.  We had SAS and SPSS.  We managed Windows and Apple by desktop (local control).  We now have a spreadsheet with 82 items we are tracking.  We joined CAUCUS to try to get a better handle on the picture.

I am very interested in hearing how everyone is managing the environment.