FW: IBSMA Software Licensing Practices Committee

Marg Knox <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 15 Jun 2006 17:54:17 -0500

Group: John is looking for some assistance. Please see below!
----

I am looking for some software licensing administrators
to help with a project that I am working on.  Aside from my work at
Sassafras, I also serve as the Chair of the IBSMA Software Licensing
Practices Committee.  (IBSMA is the International Business Software
Managers Association).  The Software Licensing Practices Committee is
comprised of both software licensing administrators (practitioners)
and software publishers and it has as its mission to "Identify
opportunities for improving software licensing practices and drive
change within the industry."

One of the projects that we have before us is to build a SAM
knowledgebase (as an online "wiki").  The knowledgebase will contain
numerous resources developed through the collaborative efforts of the
committee's members, including a common database of software
signatures (for software auditing purposes), and a database of
software version entitlements (for tracking licensing entitlements of
version updates).

It is this last item that I am writing to you about.  I am looking
for software licensing administrators who have attempted to address
the issue of tracking software version entitlements and would be
willing to talk about their experiences during our July 11 committee
teleconference.

Is this something that you have any experience with.  Or do you know
of others who do?

John Tomeny
Chair, IBSMA Software Licensing Practices Committee
http://www.ecpmedia.com/ibsma_home.html

Sassafras Software Inc.
603-643-3351
http://www.sassafras.com