Re: CSU/DSU

Charlie Prothero <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:07:57 -0500

Chris,

I started to research this with our local telco, and found that they
were willing (actually, rather eager) to run fiber right into our
computer room for provision of services.  We already switched over to
their Internet service (they drop us a copper Ethernet port), and they
will be swapping out our phone system T1 lines to this technology
sometime soon (they will still hand us off a T1, but the CSU/DSU will be
on a card in their distribution rack).

- Charlie

Charlie Prothero
Chief Information Officer
Keystone College
La Plume, PA

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Chamberlain [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 5:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [NETMAN] CSU/DSU

Just wanted to see what brand of CSU/DSU everyone is using.  We are
in the process of replacing our current CSU/DSU's and I am just
curious to see what other institutions are using.  The CSU/DSU's we
are buying will be used to connect our Broadwing PRI's(local toll,
longdistance).

Thanks,
Chris Chamberlain
Oakland University