Re: Circuit install delays

"Niederhelm, Hank" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:19:46 -0500

Karyn,
MOREnet has experienced similar issues with telco providers though it
isn't the norm.  We've escalated through the provider's management team
with limited success.

To mitigate issues like this in the future, we include requirements in
our bid specs that give them a certain number of days to deliver the
service.  If they do not meet this delivery cycle, they are required to
issue credit in the amount of the MRC they bid.  It provides a good
incentive.  It doesn't completely solve the problem though we have seen
an improvement plus some additional dollars in our budget.

Hank

-----Original Message-----
From: Karyn Williams [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 11:21 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [NETMAN] Circuit install delays

We ordered a DS3 from Sprint in January. SBC/ATT finally finished
installing the circuit on our end in May. Now Sprint is reporting that
the
circuit on their end is faulty and we are waiting for the LEC to
complete
that.

I'm trying to get a sense if this is "normal" or what others have
experienced.  Any suggestions as what I might do to speed things up ?
TIA

--

Karyn Williams
Network Services Manager