Re: Documenting a Network

Daniel Eklund <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:14:55 -0400

My two cents worth on this is that you need to simply document as you
go.  If you haven't done so yet start now.  Make sure that your
information is updated when switches go in or come out.  You can view
the results of our efforts at Wayne State here:  http://
netview.wayne.edu

Clicking on the dashboard link gives an overview of the network right
now (we're currently experiencing a data collection issue and that
explains that data loss in the graph labeled "Internet Interface
Traffic", and possibly in a few other areas.  However, overall the
information collected is valid.  All the red links require a login to
view as they allow for a deeper look into the network.

A slightly out of date version of the software is downloadable from
here:  http://netview.wayne.edu/help/download.php