Re: Packeteer and Flash Video

"Clark, Joseph K" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 8 Nov 2006 10:52:55 -0500

I apologize I forgot to add what policy settings we are using for flash
video.

We also have a media group setup in which I added the flash video class.
Its current settings allow it to have a guaranteed 10% but it cannot
consume more than 25% of total internet bandwidth.
Since adding the flash video class to the category the media group has
never dropped below its guaranteed 10%.

Thanks,
Joseph Clark
Senior Network Engineer
IT, College of Charleston

From: Kellogg, Brian D. [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 10:44 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [NETMAN] Packeteer and Flash Video

We just added this yesterday as well.  We saw a handful of student PCs
accessing this type of traffic, but it was consuming a good bit of
bandwidth.  We set our streaming media category to a max of 2.5meg.
This includes flash video along with mpeg and another type of steaming
media plug-in.  We would like to give it more, but you can only work
with the bandwidth you have.

Thanks,

Brian