View LISTSERV archives

CIO@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU

CIO Home

CIO  March 2008

CIO March 2008

Re: Urgent Call to Action on Higher Education Reauthorization Act

"Schleifer, Bill" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 4 Mar 2008 21:40:26 -0500

This morning, I spoke with the staffer who is handling education issues
for Senator Gregg (NH).  From what she told me, he is aware of the
issues that concern us and his office would be working to make sure
those provisions were removed.  She also mentioned that the process was
going to be slower that Mark seems to indicate. . .not that people
shouldn't have a sense of urgency, they should.   However,  she did not
envision the process coming to a conclusion until sometime in May and
certainly not before the upcoming recess in the end of March.  I
wouldn't want to characterize her comments, but she had an excellent
grasp of all of our issues and I left the conversation feeling
optimistic.

Bill Schleifer
CIO
Rivier College