View LISTSERV archives

ITCOMM@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU

ITCOMM Home

ITCOMM  May 2008

ITCOMM May 2008

Re: Phishing attempts looking more and more real -- any best practices to warn the community?

Lisa V Trubitt <[log in to unmask]>

The EDUCAUSE IT Communications Constituent Group Listserv <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 13 May 2008 12:48:37 -0400

Hi Christine,

We've had similar issues here at Ualbany. One simple thing we do
periodically is post a reminder on the ITS home page. This is usually
something as simple as a few sentences reminding people that we'll never
ask them for certain kinds of information (the last one was asking
people to verity their password) via email.

Lisa Trubitt
Assistant to the CIO
University at Albany