View LISTSERV archives

LEARNINGSPACE@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU

LEARNINGSPACE Home

LEARNINGSPACE  October 2008

LEARNINGSPACE October 2008

Re: Furniture Recommendations

Jorstad James A <[log in to unmask]>

The EDUCAUSE Learning Space Design Constituent Group Listserv <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 14 Oct 2008 09:47:01 -0500

I agree with Andrew.  For furniture that is built to last, and has excellent research behind it, Herman Miller is an excellent choice. Particularly with the Resolve system, you can build upon on over time which is a big plus.  In addition, if you have problems, Herman Miller stands behind it. If you buy something of lower quality, it may not hold up, and when you need to replace a specific part, you may not be able to obtain it.

Speaking to a HM rep will help guide you through the process.  In my dealings with their line of furniture and learning space amenities you will not be disappointed.  Please feel free to contact me off line, or at EDUCAUSE later this month. Best of luck.

Regards,

Jim

Jim A. Jorstad

Director of Educational Technologies/ITS

Frye Institute Fellow

University of Wisconsin-La Crosse

1725 State Street, Wing Technology Center, Room 165

La Crosse, WI 54601

608-785-8048 (phone)

608-785-8825 (fax)

608-790-4813 (p-cell)