View LISTSERV archives

LEARNINGSPACE@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU

LEARNINGSPACE Home

LEARNINGSPACE  October 2008

LEARNINGSPACE October 2008

Re: Kiosk signage

Jason Davis <[log in to unmask]>

The EDUCAUSE Learning Space Design Constituent Group Listserv <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 20 Oct 2008 11:25:22 -0500

If you are looking for non-interactive digital signage, the
University of Minnesota uses a product called "tightrope." We have
them here at UMD and we really like them:

<http://www.trms.com/>

We also have interactive "kiosks" that are basically touch screens
(either active matrix for smaller ones, or in the 50" versions with
an infrared overlay). We did not find a good commercial solution for
these and ended up creating our own using flash programming.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Davis, Ed.D.
Manager of Classroom Technology and Customer Service
Information Technology Systems & Services
University Of Minnesota Duluth
Voice:	218-726-8782
Fax:		218-726-7674
http://www.d.umn.edu/~jdavis/