CIO February 2009

Re: Virtual Desktop Infrastructure

John Kaftan <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 14 Feb 2009 06:15:37 -0500

That is encouraging. We are going down the same route but over RDP only
because we have not justified the purchase of ESX. So far the free
version of VMware has met our needs. I would be very interested in
hearing about the advantages of VMware View in terms of the end users'
experience.

Wyse has told us that the multimedia extensions will handle video and
streaming video but not Flash Video (YouTube) but they will have that
functionality within a few months.

What are you using for a thin client?