View LISTSERV archives

CIO@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU

CIO Home

CIO  April 2009

CIO April 2009

Re: Higher Ed Re-Authorization Act / Bookstore

"Young, Sam" <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 24 Apr 2009 18:41:24 -0500

I'm not sure it is COO responsibilities but we are certainly change agents.
Take my school as an example. We are in the process of improving/changing
how we look at students and how we service them. Since this cuts across
multiple divisions (finance, student life, academic and administrative), it
was decide that the CTO (me) will chair this task force. The CTO is viewed
as the disinterested party. I, as the chair, is NOT the IT representative,
but rather the representative of the Administrative Council. I am seeing
more and more of this type of projects.

God bless,
Sam Young
CTO