View LISTSERV archives

CIO@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU

CIO Home

CIO  April 2009

CIO April 2009

Re: CIO Digest - 5 Apr 2009 to 6 Apr 2009 (#2009-90)

"Seraichick, Laura" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 8 Apr 2009 09:17:51 -0400

At Keene State College, full time, tenure-track faculty have a choice of
either a desktop or a laptop, and either a PC or a Mac.  We offer a
'standard' desktop and laptop for each platform.  If faculty and/or
staff believe that they need more computing power, additional
accessories, etc... they need to fund the extras from department
dollars.  Visit
http://www.keene.edu/it/helpdesk/wkstnupgrades/default.cfm  for specs
and process.

In the end, our campus is 85% PC and our campus specs meet the majority
of users needs - we see very few modifications needed.