View LISTSERV archives

ITWOMEN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU

ITWOMEN Home

ITWOMEN  January 2010

ITWOMEN January 2010

Re: panel session for women in IT

Keith Boswell <[log in to unmask]>

The EDUCAUSE ITWomen Constituent Group Listserv <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 21 Jan 2010 16:59:03 -0500

It might be interesting to look at distribution across a broad sample of institutions.  Here at NC State 3 of 7 directors in our central IT group are women. In our Distance Education and Learning Technology application group (DELTA) 3 of 4 of the Associate Vice Provosts are women.  In both cases I left out the Finance and Business director-level position but both are currently women.  On the academic side however, none of the 10 college IT directors are women.  At that level only our Student Affairs and Agricultural Extension IT groups are led by women.

Keith

>>> "Warren, Karen" <[log in to unmask]> 1/21/2010 4:27 PM >>>
Not a total anomaly..  We are majority women in our IT department as well. Our CIO position is open now, but of 5 Directors, 3 are women. Not too bad.

That being said, these issues are all still relevant to me since I deal with vendors and senior administration all the time.