View LISTSERV archives

BLEND-ONLINE@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU

BLEND-ONLINE Home

BLEND-ONLINE  October 2011

BLEND-ONLINE October 2011

Sloan-C Blended CFP, November 21st

Tanya Joosten <[log in to unmask]>

The EDUCAUSE Blended and Online Learning Constituent Group Listserv <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 28 Oct 2011 12:13:28 -0500

I just wanted to let you all know that the CFP for Sloan-C Blended has been extended to November 21st.  Please make sure to get your proposals in! I look forward to seeing you all in April ;) If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

TGIF!
Tanya

http://sloanconsortium.org/conferences/2012/blended/call_for_presentations

The 9th Annual Sloan Consortium Blended Learning Conference and Workshop, "Perfecting the Blend," will be held on April 23-24, 2012 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, at the Hyatt Regency Milwaukee and the adjoining Frontier Airlines Center.

Blended learning has transformed education by taking advantage of the best of face-to-face and online instruction, and it has led us to explore the blending of technologies, programs, student services, and faculty support to facilitate the overall improvement of education. By reflecting on research and addressing the challenges we face, we continuously look to make the learning experience for students better. Through the exploration of blended practice and research, we as educators have identified our strengths as well as the areas that need our attention in order to perfect the blend.

Our conference seeks proposals for workshops and presentations that specifically address the many facets of blended learning. We look to share best practices and persistent challenges in blended learning as they relate to pedagogy, learning activities, instructional design and course development, faculty development and training, student services, accessible learning opportunities, academic planning and strategy, and research through the assessment and evaluation of learning.
Proposals are requested in five tracks: teaching and learning, research, student support, faculty development and support, and leadership and administration. Proposals may be configured as workshops, information sessions, or posters.

We would like to encourage proposals from those in quickly-evolving institutions, such as K-12 schools and community colleges, as well as proposals that explore emerging technologies (mobile, social media, open education resources) to assist fellow educators in perfecting the blend.

Tanya M. Joosten
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
[log in to unmask] | 414.229.4319

http://tanyajoosten.blogspot.com