Re: VoIP question regarding Life Safety Lines

James Andrewartha <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 5 Mar 2013 13:47:55 +0800

On 04/03/13 22:58, Kellogg, Brian D. wrote:
> We do the same in some circumstances, but most come back to a Cisco
> VG224 and are therefore not provisioned via a LEC but tie into our VoIP
> PBX.  The ones that still are provisioned by our LEC are the really old
> analog gear that will not function on a VG224 which are mostly old
> security alarms.

I have had success in hooking security systems up to a VG224, but by
bypassing the PBX (CUCM) and having them talk directly to the ISDN
gateways. I can send my configs offlist, although the short version
appears to be "no timeouts" on the voice-port, "no service stcapp" on
the pots dial-peer and a voip dial-peer to the gateway with "no vad".

We also put our lift phones on the VG224, but they go through CUCM.

--
James Andrewartha
Network & Projects Engineer