Re: pfsense a reasonable option for a gateway router?

Ian Bergeron <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 6 Mar 2013 11:24:51 -0500

We use the pfflowd package for pfSense to provide logging.  We send the
data to an installation of NFSEN (nfsen.sourceforge.net) to view and graph
the flow data.  My understanding is that the pfflowd package simply
translates the pfsync device's output into netflow packets and allows you
to direct them to any NetFlow collector.
Ian Bergeron
Administrator of Networked Systems
MCLA Computer Support Services
Office:(413)662-5394 - Cell:(413)663-0957

The EDUCAUSE Network Management Constituent Group Listserv