Re: What conference do you go to?

Michael Sinatra <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 25 Apr 2013 14:25:24 -0700

FYI, the topic list and a draft agenda should be published to
www.nanog.org in the next few days.

The general issue that you raise is one that we, on the NANOG Program
Committee (full disclosure, BTW!), grapple with each NANOG.  It's very
hard to get good, interesting, *and* timely content submitted early
enough that we can have a reliable draft agenda in plenty of time.
Moreover, we network engineers are notoriously busy, and there's
frequently a mad rush to get proposals in right at the deadline (or just
after), so we see a lot of really good content come in at (literally)
the last minute.  It's essentially the trade-off that you note.

michael