Re: DNS Training?

John Miller <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 13 Jun 2013 12:40:01 -0400

Sorry for the slow reply, Pete.  I'm not sure what you define as "Bind
9.x advanced," but most of my knowledge has come from webinars, the
bind-users list, conference talks, and three books:

- DNS and BIND (Albitz and Liu - everyone's read this one)
- Pro DNS and BIND (Aitcheson - maybe not as familiar, but more recent
and quite good)
- Alternative DNS Servers (Mens - starting to age a bit, but good info
in there)

Definitely buy these if you haven't already.

Doing a quick search for "BIND training" gave me a bunch of overseas
stuff, but the following from Men and Mice might be what you're looking for:

http://www.menandmice.com/training/training-schedule.aspx

Looks like there's some stuff in NYC and DC later this year.  They also
do on-site training.  Men and Mice is a commercial IPAM vendor, but
their training sounds like it uses vanilla BIND.  No idea how good/bad
it is.

You might also talk with Shumon Huque from UPenn.  He's given DNS talks
at both LISA and LOPSA-East in the past year, so he might be willing to
put something together.

Sorry I can't say "use this vendor--they're awesome and in the US," but
hopefully this gives you some more to go on.

John