Re: Network, Server and Application up/down and performance monitoring?

Charlie Derr <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 23 Jul 2013 09:24:09 -0400

On 07/23/2013 08:15 AM, Pete Hoffswell wrote:
> Good morning -
>
> We're a WhatsUP Gold user, but are interested in exploring options.  Cost is important, so we'd probably lean toward
> open source alternatives.
>
> What's everyone using now-a-days for systems monitoring and alerting?

Hello Pete,

We've managed to configure nagios to cover most of what we need.  I'm still interested in bringing some sort of IPS/IDS
on-line as well though.  Feel free to contact me off-list if you need more (technical) details about how we use nagios.

       ~c