Re: RF/Cable/Video distribution...

"David R. Morton" <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 12 Jan 2013 00:52:01 +0000

Jeff,

We just upgraded and deployed a system such as this. We now have a digital headend that serves about 130 channels. We use fiber to distribute the signal from the headend to remote locations. This is then converted back into RF over Coax for distribution throughout the building. We will soon be testing a IPTV solution on top of this. If things go as planned, our resident students will be able to watch live TV on their laptop or even via a Roku device connected to a TV.

I'd be happy to talk about what we are doing and what we have planned if interested.

David

David Morton
Director, Mobile Communications
Service Owner, HuskyTV