Re: Anyone running Infoblox NIOS 6.8.1?

"Kitterman, Scott" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 4 Sep 2013 19:22:00 +0000

Hello,

I am sure this is not much help but wanted to post our status.  We are running 4 IB-1852As on version 6.5.8-195206.  We have 1 as a grid master, a GM candidate, 3 run DNS servers, 2 run DHCP/DNS combined.  All three DNS/DHCP run IPv6 and 4.  Our students came back last week and we are not seeing any problems.  In addition  we do run a caching Bind Server that handles most of the DNS traffic from end-station clients.

If you have a chance it would be great to get an update of what the problem and/or fix happens to be.

Let us know if we can run any tests that may help.

Thank you,
Scott Kitterman
UNH

-----Original Message-----
From: The EDUCAUSE Network Management Constituent Group Listserv [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mark Duling
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2013 12:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [NETMAN] Anyone running Infoblox NIOS 6.8.1?

We've had a couple of DNS response time issues with our IB appliances
lately that are puzzling.  I upgraded from 6.5.3 to 6.8.1 a month ago
with no issues.  But once our student population hit full strength a
few days ago we're seeing sporadic response time issues and high cpu
utilization.

Most of the time at least the incidents have been preceded by adding
or removing records.  We're working with support in tracking the
issue, but it feels kinda like a bug to me so I thought I'd ask if
anyone else is running 6.8.  I don't think we're under spec on this
box at least on paper as far as I can tell, and it has always
performed well in the past.

Mark