Re: Infoblox vs Bluecat

Vlade Ristevski <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 23 Sep 2013 08:56:08 -0400

We migrated from Bluecat to Infloblox and couldn't be happier. We used
their API to create DHCP fixed addresses so students can register their
wireless printers, game consoles and whatever else can't run the Cisco
NAC client. This works great. The admin roles that you can delegate are
also very granular. This is the start of our 3rd Academic year using the
Infoblox and we have had no major issues with DNS or DHCP. I am glad we
made the switch.

If you really want to get into the IPAM features look at their NetMRI
product too. It takes all the IP info (ARP and mac address tables) and
automatically imports them into IPAM. We eval'd it and it was very nice.

--
Vlade Ristevski
Network Manager