Re: NAC and Agents

Danny Eaton <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 15 Nov 2013 14:32:54 -0600

For us, the NAC isn't so much as "protecting" us, but putting devices in the
correct network affinity group, or MPLS VPN/VRF.

-----Original Message-----
From: The EDUCAUSE Network Management Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jason Rinne
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2013 2:02 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [NETMAN] NAC and Agents

If you go agent-less the question then becomes is the NAC really protecting
you?  Users can easily uninstall or become infected after initial
registration.

Jason Rinne
Systems Administrator
500 E. College Street - Marshall, MO. 65340 P 660.831.4088 [log in to unmask]

This document may contain confidential information and is intended solely
for the use of the addressee. If you received it in error, please contact
the sender at once and destroy the document. The document may contain
information subject to restrictions of the Family Educational Rights and
Privacy and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Acts. Such information may not be
disclosed or used in any fashion outside the scope of the service for which
you are receiving the information.