Re: Future of CATV over Coax

"Green, William C" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 3 Dec 2013 18:59:55 +0000

We had been looking at Philo (formerly Tivli) for our residential aging CATV system (not HD), but the residential student governance voted not to proceed.  The cost increase was negligible, so I think they were focused on other providers (Netflix/Hulu/et al).

I have the same problem with our campus CATV system (it does have HD in some parts of campus), but few drops to make a business case for providers.  And the content owners don't seem to be ready to let a Net+ Internet2 offering happen last I heard.

--
William C. Green                              e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Director, Networking and Telecommunications   phone:   +1 512-475-9295