Re: Enable Jumbo Frame Support on C6509

Tim Cappalli <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 5 Dec 2013 21:33:19 -0500

We have jumbo enabled on our 6506 VSS pair data center core (S720-10G) and
on our 3750-X TOR switches. Vmware / Xen mixed environment.

No issues thus far. Been in production for about 18 months.

Tim

Tim Cappalli  |  ACCP /  ACMP /  CCNA
Network Engineer  |  Brandeis University
[log in to unmask] | (617) 701-7149

-----Original Message-----
From: The EDUCAUSE Network Management Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dennis Xu
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2013 4:27 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [NETMAN] Enable Jumbo Frame Support on C6509

We are planning to enable jumbo frame support on two Cisco c6509 server farm
core switches. We will enable jumbo frame at both the system level and also
some interfaces. I would like to check if anyone has done this and if there
are any gotchas.

thanks.

---
Dennis Xu
Analyst 3, Network Infrastructure
Computing and Communications Services(CCS) University of Guelph

519-824-4120 Ext 56217
www.uoguelph.ca/ccs