Re: Specific Cisco VTP Pruning question(s)

Heath Barnhart <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 22 Jan 2013 11:35:05 -0600

So I understand it, your network is CoreNetwork>Additional
Segments>Cisco Switch>UbiquityStation>BuildingNetwork, correct? I'm not
familiar with that product, but a quick Google search is telling me that
its a wireless bridge? Does VTP normally get passed across the bridge?
If not, then I suspect what happened was that the switches across the
link weren't able to communicate their VLAN usage across the link, or
the the VTP message was lost in transit. In which I believe VTP would on
the switch connecting to the Ubiquity would prune the VLAN.

Heath Barnhart, CCNA
ITS Network Administrator
Washburn University
Topeka, KS