DNS Firewalling/Blacklisting

John Miller <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 5 Mar 2014 14:01:11 -0500

Due to some recent malware incidents, we're investigating ways that we
might "blacklist" or "firewall" certain recursive DNS queries--return a
response that gives people, for example, to a "Warning: infected domain"
CNAME or IP address.

What have people on the list done to solve this?  Is anyone using
OpenDNS?  Infoblox's DNS Firewall?  BIND RPZ?  Your own custom
solutions?  Which feeds do you subscribe to?

John
--
John Miller
Systems Engineer