Re: Next generation firewall and IPS/WSE solutions

"Dale W. Carder" <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 7 Mar 2014 23:24:56 -0600

Thus spake Charlie Prothero ([log in to unmask]) on Fri, Mar 07, 2014 at 04:51:14PM +0000:
> Hi, all!  The post below from Dennis on the NAC question makes me wonder what people are doing re: "next generation firewall and IPS/WSE" solutions.  We use a Linux NAT box to provide our users with Internet access, and the product we use to publish our server services to the web has been discontinued.

All of our wireless users, and all of our nat runs on linux firewalls
virtualized in vmware.

For what you're looking for, take a look at Palo Alto.  They seem to
have the best of the integrated fw/ids/vpn stuff from what we've seen
lately.

Dale