Re: PoE standard (was Re: Juniper EX series switches

Thomas Carter <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 20 Mar 2014 10:56:26 -0500

With the rise of VoIP, wireless, and other PoE devices, we made the decision that all new ports on campus would be PoE+. There's not much of a cost difference anymore, and this avoids problems such as all wireless APs for a building concentrated on one switch (single point of failure), making sure there is enough PoE+ ports where they are needed, etc.

Thomas Carter
Network and Operations Manager
Austin College