Re: Campus Network Plans

Patrick Dugan <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 28 Aug 2014 08:55:43 -0400

We recently swapped out 6 Nortel/Avaya ERS8600's with a pair of Cisco Nexus 7ks.  We've broken the 7k's into 3 VDC's each (Data Center, Core and Perimeter) to act like our previous 6 devices.  Our distribution is quickly moving to Cisco 4500x w/dual 10Gb connections back to the core VDCs.  Our previous generation distribution consists of Nortel/Avaya ERS5530 or ERS5632 w/ dual 10Gb connections back to the core VDCs (both of these Avaya products have limited ARP capacity and we're running into these limits quickly)

Thanks,

Patrick Dugan

Executive Director of Technology Infrastructure Systems

Information Technology Services

Central Campus, Citizens (CZ)

704.330.6674

www.cpcc.edu

We value your feedback. How is our service at CPCC?