Re: Smartnet Maintenance

Julian Y Koh <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 18 Sep 2014 19:01:04 +0000

On Thu Sep 18 2014 13:57:54 CDT, Peter P Morrissey <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Can anyone provide recommendations on who yow what VAR you purchase Cisco Smartnet maintenance through?

We go with CDW-G currently.

> To some extent we donít care except some appear to be better than others at managing the whole process of doing the renewals.

That to me is the most AV that an R can provide these days, since generally we have enough in-house technical expertise that we donít need them for technical services.  So anything they can do to assist us with getting the renewals done is definitely a differentiator.

--
Julian Y. Koh
Acting Associate Director, Telecommunications and Network Services

2001 Sheridan Road #G-166
Evanston, IL 60208
847-467-5780
NUIT Web Site: <http://www.it.northwestern.edu/>