Re: IPV6 in Lab Machines

Chuck Anderson <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 19 Sep 2014 22:25:16 -0400

fe80::/10 is reserved for the link-local scope, but only fe80::/64 can
be used for actual link-local addressing.  So your fe80:(vlan number)::1
scheme falls outside of fe80::/64 and breaks some systems. I made the
same mistake early on and it caused some weird issues with intermittent
connectivity, Neighbor Discovery issues, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link-local_address#cite_note-9