Re: Blocking applications [Yik Yak]

Ryan Dobbins <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 10 Nov 2014 11:56:06 +0000

I will chime in for high schools/boarding schools.  I blocked the app as
we have residential students under the age of 18.

On the network:
I did a firewall policy blocking traffic to https://yikyakapp.com

For high schools/boarding schools on the cellular level:
Contact me.  I was able to get the contact info. for the owner/developer
of the app and the third part co. and they will geofence your school using
a third party provider if you are a high school.  Since we are a 210 acre
campus it took direct contact to get the radius we needed around the
campus to be geofenced.
Best,
Ryan Dobbins
Brooks School