Re: NAC (Network Access Control)

Julian Y Koh <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 20 Nov 2014 19:41:19 +0000

On Thu Nov 20 2014 13:38:16 CST, "Kurtz, Eric" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> What is your current solution?
> SafeConnect from Impulse Point.  4 years,
> previously a Bradford Campus Manager shop.
>
> What is the experience with your current solution?
> It works well with wired and wireless. No vlan switching in the wired. So it is quick.  Does role based access with Aruba wireless. Integrates into Palo Alto firewalls for user identification.  Can write custom policies to look for registry keys, files, services.

Last time we looked at Impulse Point, it managed access by dynamically pushing ACLs out to our routers, which gave us the willies.  Is that still the case?

--
Julian Y. Koh
Acting Associate Director, Telecommunications and Network Services

2001 Sheridan Road #G-166
Evanston, IL 60208
847-467-5780
NUIT Web Site: <http://www.it.northwestern.edu/>