Re: Cisco Nexus Gotchas

Jason Lavoie <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 3 Feb 2014 17:44:59 +0000

On Feb 3, 2014, at 12:23 PM, Mark Duling <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Same here.  At the time we purchased, the 2k were model 2148 that didn't do 100M.

Similarly, if you get 2232's, they only support 1/10G, not 100Mb.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10110/prod_models_comparison.html#~fex

We kept ILO, KVM, etc. (many of which are 100M) on a separate set of management switches, so it wasn't a major problem.  We have a couple 100M legacy non-management devices that had to be addressed in our migration, though.

-j

--
Jason Lavoie
Director of Networking and Telecommunications