Re: Physical cable plant documentation - a followup

Isaac Orr <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 12 Feb 2014 10:07:06 -0800

We actually engaged an independent consulting firm to look into doing
this (along with other things) in Pinnacle.  The reported result was
that this is not something that Pinnacle is suited to doing, at least
for our needs.

Regards

iso

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 5:10 AM, Peter P Morrissey <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I would love to hear more about this too. We currently own Pinnacle, and are digging into the possibilities with them, but thus far they have been unable to even give us an example of another customer who uses it to track cabling inside buildings. We are also wanting to do a better job with inventory and ticketing. Something like Pinnacle makes the promise of integrating this all together, which would have its advantages. We are using Mapcom for our OSP fiber.
>
> Pete Morrissey

Isaac Simon Orr
Manager, Network Operations and Services
IST Telecommunications, UC Berkeley
P: +1 510 643 9837 C: +1 510 517 9408 E: [log in to unmask]