CIO June 2014

Re: Banner Consultants

"Pratt, Gary" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 18 Jun 2014 14:10:15 +0000

--_000_FFCBFC5B9F204F1AAA930BF5CBD1C678ewuedu_

Another vote for SIG. They've done great by us.

Thanks,

Gary
______________________________

Gary L. Pratt
Vice President for Information Technology
Chief Information Officer
Eastern Washington University

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 18, 2014, at 5:26 AM, "Theresa Rowe" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:rowe@O=
AKLAND.EDU>> wrote:

Ditto on SIG - Strata Information Group.  We've had very experienced consul=
tants assigned to our projects.
Theresa

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 8:00 AM, Larry Mendez <[log in to unmask]<mailto:LMEN@tjc=
.edu>> wrote:
"SIG" has been a CIO hero kit on many occasions. There approach is refreshi=
ng when compare to the ERP engagements.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 17, 2014, at 11:05 PM, "Deborah Ludford" <[log in to unmask]<mail=
to:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

> We have been very happy with Strata Information Group for assistance.

> Dear Colleagues:
>
> We are looking at doing some business process analysis, focusing on our u=
se
> of Banner, our SIS. While looking at consulting options I want to conside=
> firms outside of just Ellucian as viable vendors. Using Ellucian would be
> great but I don't know that I can go very far with them based on their
> billing rates and travel policies. Before we get too far in the
> investigtion I wanted to check to see if anyone had suggestions in this
> area.
>
> The areas we are going to start with initially include Student Accounts,
> Admission and Financial Aid. We are also in the process of creating new
> graduate programs, so somoene with experience in that regard would also b=
> very valuable.
>
> What I have discovered over the years is all consultants within consultin=
> firms, including Ellucian, are not created equal. It is really important =
> find a consultant that has experience and expertise with institutions
> similar to the your own. For example, experience gained at a 4-year publi=
> school is not always transferrable to a 2-year community college or a
> 4-year private school. It is preferrable for us to find consultants that
> have experience at 4-year private, liberal art institutions.
>
> Any recommendations or suggestions would be most appreciated! Thanks in
> advance.
>
> Michael
>
> --
>

> *Michael Boehm Chief Information Officer 574-284-4742 Saint Mary's Colleg=
e *

Group discussion list can be found at http://www.educause.edu/discuss.

Attention: The information contained in this message and/or attachments is =
intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may con=
tain confidential and/or nonpublic material. Any review, retransmission, di=
ssemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this=
 information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is pr=
ohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and dele=
te the material from any system and destroy any copies.

Theresa Rowe
Chief Information Officer
Oakland University

uss.

--_000_FFCBFC5B9F204F1AAA930BF5CBD1C678ewuedu_

<head>

</head>
Thanks,
logy</span></div>

/div>
On Jun 18, 2014, at 5:26 AM, &quot;Theresa Rowe&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto=
:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
ery experienced consultants assigned to our projects.<br>
Theresa<br>
pan dir=3D"ltr">
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[log in to unmask]" target=3D"_blank">[log in to unmask]</a>&gt;<=
/span> wrote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
&quot;SIG&quot; has been a CIO hero kit on many occasions. There approach i=
s refreshing when compare to the ERP engagements.<br>
Sent from my iPhone<br>
&gt; On Jun 17, 2014, at 11:05 PM, &quot;Deborah Ludford&quot; &lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; We have been very happy with Strata Information Group for assistance.<=
br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Michael Boehm &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[log in to unmask]"=
>[log in to unmask]</a>&gt; 06/17/14 19:01 PM &gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt; Dear Colleagues:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; We are looking at doing some business process analysis, focusing on ou=
r use<br>
&gt; of Banner, our SIS. While looking at consulting options I want to cons=
ider<br>
&gt; firms outside of just Ellucian as viable vendors. Using Ellucian would=
 be<br>
&gt; great but I don't know that I can go very far with them based on their=
&gt; billing rates and travel policies. Before we get too far in the<br>
&gt; investigtion I wanted to check to see if anyone had suggestions in thi=
s<br>
&gt; area.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; The areas we are going to start with initially include Student Account=
s,<br>
&gt; Admission and Financial Aid. We are also in the process of creating ne=
w<br>
&gt; graduate programs, so somoene with experience in that regard would als=
o be<br>
&gt; very valuable.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; What I have discovered over the years is all consultants within consul=
ting<br>
&gt; firms, including Ellucian, are not created equal. It is really importa=
nt to<br>
&gt; find a consultant that has experience and expertise with institutions<=
br>
&gt; similar to the your own. For example, experience gained at a 4-year pu=
blic<br>
&gt; school is not always transferrable to a 2-year community college or a<=
br>
&gt; 4-year private school. It is preferrable for us to find consultants th=
at<br>
&gt; have experience at 4-year private, liberal art institutions.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Any recommendations or suggestions would be most appreciated! Thanks i=
n<br>
&gt; advance.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Michael<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; --<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; *Michael Boehm Chief Information Officer 574-284-4742 Saint Mary's Col=
lege *<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; **********<br>
&gt; Participation and subscription information for this EDUCAUSE Constitue=
nt Group discussion list can be found at
ucause.edu/discuss</a>.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; **********<br>
&gt; Participation and subscription information for this EDUCAUSE Constitue=
nt Group discussion list can be found at
ucause.edu/discuss</a>.<br>
&gt;<br>
Attention: The information contained in this message and/or attachments is =
intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may con=
tain confidential and/or nonpublic material. Any review, retransmission, di=
ssemination or other use of, or
 taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or enti=
ties other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this =
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any system=
 and destroy any copies.<br>
oup discussion list can be found at
ucause.edu/discuss</a>.<br>
-- <br>
Theresa Rowe<br>
Chief Information Officer<br>
Oakland University<br>
&nbsp; </div>
********** Participation and subscription information for this EDUCAUSE Con=
stituent Group discussion list can be found at
</a>.

--_000_FFCBFC5B9F204F1AAA930BF5CBD1C678ewuedu_--