View LISTSERV archives

CIO@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU

CIO Home

CIO  September 2014

CIO September 2014

Re: Sept 12 Deadline -- 2014 Campus Computing Survey

Susan Grajek <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 3 Sep 2014 16:06:27 +0000

Thanks, Jack.  The CDS survey is available at www.educause.edu/cds

Last year 800 colleges and universities contributed to CDS. We hear stories all the time about how CIOs used the data to make the case for IT at their institution (and — hint — demonstrating the business value of IT might turn out to be one of 2015’s Top-Ten IT Issues).

CDS provides benchmarks focused on IT financials, staffing, and services. Last year we worked hard on the IT financials and staffing items to enable you to link one to another. This year we’ve focused on improving the services benchmarking. We’ve converted several of the services questions into scales that you’ll be able to use to assess your institution’s overall maturity and deployment in various service areas.  We continue to invest in this service to help you with benchmarking, service management, and strategic planning.

I hope you’ll have time to complete the CDS survey now. Data collection is underway. We like to think of CDS as the gift that keeps giving. You’ll have access to you and your peers data anytime during the year after the reporting dashboards are released at the end of the year. And EDUCAUSE uses CDS summary data in EDUCAUSE publication and presentations.

If you’re attending the EDUCAUSE Annual conference in Orlando and want to learn more about CDS, you’ll have several opportunities:
- CDS reporting demos are on Tuesday, 9/30 at 1:30 or Wednesday, 10/1 at 10am
- Leah Lang and Ron Yanosky will talk about future directions with benchmarking and assessment on Wednesday, 10/1 at 8am
- Leah Lang and Betsy Tippens Reintiz will do a hands-on workshop for CDS participants to help them make the most of CDS reporting on Thursday, 10/2 at 10am
- The entire data team will be available to meet you on Wednesday, 10/1 at 3:30pm

Susan

Susan Grajek Vice President
Data, Research, and Analytics

EDUCAUSE<http://www.educause.edu/>
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
1150 18th Street, NW, Suite 900 Washington, DC 20036
direct: 202.331.5350 | main: 202.872.4200 | educause.edu<http://www.educause.edu/>