Re: Administrative Rights

"McCollum, Scott" <[log in to unmask]>

The EDUCAUSE IT Support Services Constituent Group Listserv <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 10 Mar 2015 15:31:48 +0000

We have created an application that runs as a service on every campus computer, called “Make me Admin”. Nobody is given local admin rights, but this application allows the user to temporarily become an admin.
Scott A. McCollum | Chief Information Officer
Sinclair Community College | 444 West Third Street | Dayton, OH 45402

[sinclairlogo.jpg]

From: Charles Drawdy <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 5:57 AM
To: EDUCAUSE Listserv <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: [ITSUPPORTSERVICES] Administrative Rights

We are pursuing the notion removing administrative rights that some of our faculty and staff currently have and I would like to know if anyone has any policies or ideas to share about this. I am aware that there are some exceptions and if you have some information on that, I would appreciate knowing more about that.

Thanks
~ Charles

[http://www.gallaudet.edu/images/president/logo_email_icon.jpg]

Charles E Drawdy
Manager, Help Desk, Media, and Classroom Support
Gallaudet Technology Services
Gallaudet University
Video Phone: 202-250-2662