View LISTSERV archives

DIGITALSIGNAGE@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU

DIGITALSIGNAGE Home

DIGITALSIGNAGE  August 2015

DIGITALSIGNAGE August 2015

DS Charges

Jesse T House <[log in to unmask]>

The EDUCAUSE Digital Signage Constituent Group Listserv <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 5 Aug 2015 14:39:03 +0000

Hello all,

Iím wondering how everyone goes about covering the costs of new digital signage nodes.  Here at Stevens, when we get a new request from a sponsor we usually charge the sponsors account for everything except the software support.  These charges include: TV, Mount, small form computer (NUC), security lock, 22 miles player software license, network connection, quad electrical outlet, monitor installation. These costs usually amount to about $2.5K, does IT cover these costs at your institutions or do the individual departments that request the signage get charged?

Thanks!
Jesse

Jesse House
Classroom Technician