Citrix increases

"Knox, Marg" <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 20 Oct 2017 20:27:07 +0000

We have at least one campus reporting a stiff upcoming jump in Citrix pricing. They have been using Citrix Zen App for many years. Last year they were told they needed to move to subscription model (or their fee would more than double). By going subscriptions, it was half way in between. Painful but was to be good for five years.

Now at renewal they are being told their campus wide option is to be canceled and again their fee would double (in other words, three times what they paid two years ago). Blood curdling screaming later, it was a ten percent increase but with a warning that next year's renewal will see the big increases

One note, this is an academic medical center institution, if that makes any difference.

Needless to say they are looking at alternatives.

But I wanted to see if anyone else is seeing this problem, etc?

Regards, Marg

Margaret (Marg) Knox          The University of Texas System

Executive Director, Systemwide IT (SWIS)

210 West 7th, Univ of Texas System Building  ←new as of 1 August

Austin, Texas, 78701