Re: TurnItIn

Olga Turkina <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 9 Nov 2017 01:19:53 +0000

The increase is coming

-----Original Message-----

From: The EDUCAUSE Software Licensing Issues Constituent Group Listserv [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Knox, Marg

Sent: Wednesday, November 8, 2017 3:09 PM

To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: [LICENSING] TurnItIn

One of our universities has been told to expect a giant increase (over their 2014 3-year contract) of almost 50%. And if they only renewed for one year it would be >80%. Yikes.

Are others seeing this kind of jump or were able to mitigate? Henry last year listed out some open source products, but I don’t think the school is headed that way. I recall there is a newish competitor commercially, but cannot recall its name. Ah, Veracite is it. Have others had success moving to it?

Margaret (Marg) Knox          The University of Texas System Executive Director, Systemwide IT (SWIS)

210 West 7th, Univ of Texas System Building  ←new as of 1 August Austin, Texas, 78701