View LISTSERV archives

CIO@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU

CIO Home

CIO  February 2017

CIO February 2017

Re: faculty/staff VDI Was RE: [CIO] anyone NOT using a management tool for faculty/staff computers

Brian Basgen <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 23 Feb 2017 18:57:13 +0000

Perhaps similar to Jennifer in terms of diminished savings, my past experience with VDI is that it shifted the support burden from my helpdesk staff to my systems administrators, which was not a cost effective nor desired trade.

Brian Basgen

Associate Vice President for Information Technology

Emerson College

617-824-8186 | it.emerson.edu | @EmersonIT