< Back to LISTSERV archives

ASM@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU

ASM Home

ASM  1999

ASM 1999

Re: Checking level of interest in this constituent group

Kevin Shalla <[log in to unmask]>

The EDUCAUSE Administrative Systems Mgmt Constituent Group Listserv <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 10 Nov 1999 16:30:43 -0600

I believe that this group could have value, but as you say there hasn't
been much going on here recently.  I'm also subscribed to the CIO list,
which I would say sometimes gets off on tangents which are not particularly
CIO related, and should probably be discussed in ASM.  I would consider
volunteering as leader.  Are there particular duties involved, or is it
just to bolster interest and conversations among membership?

At 02:50 PM 11/9/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>This note is being sent to all 169 subscribers to the EDUCAUSE constituent
>group for Administrative Systems Management (ASM) ...
>
>While the ASM constituent group has existed for quite a few years (including
>its years as CAUSEASM), there has been almost no substantive conversation in
>the last three years, and no meeting at either CAUSE98 or EDUCAUSE '99.
>Darrel Huish, who stayed on as group leader for a couple of years to help us
>through the merger transition era, is ready to move on to other activities.
>
>Since our constituent groups are intended to serve the needs of the
>membership, we're very willing to retain this group if you see value in it
>-- and if someone wants to step forward to serve as the leader. Background
>information about the CG program and this list specifically is on our Web
>site at http://www.educause.edu/memdir/cg/cg.html. You can also see the list
>of other existing groups. I'll be glad to explain more about the leadership
>role if you're curious.
>
>Unless your responses indicate otherwise, we'll deactivate this list as of
>Friday, November 19.
>
>Karen McBride
>Karen J. McBride
>EDUCAUSE Manager of Member Programs
>4772 Walnut Street, Suite 206, Boulder, CO 80301-2538
>phone 303-939-0313    *   fax 303-440-0461
>
>http://www.educause.edu/
>Transforming Education Through Information Technologies

Kevin Shalla
Illinois Institute of Technology
(312) 567-3883