< Back to LISTSERV archives

ASM@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU

ASM Home

ASM  1999

ASM 1999

[CIO] Admin. Software

Kevin Shalla <[log in to unmask]>

The EDUCAUSE Administrative Systems Mgmt Constituent Group Listserv <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 12 Nov 1999 08:58:47 -0600

I'm forwarding your message to the ASM list as well.

We're using SCT's PLUS 2000 suite for student, alumni/development,
HR/payroll, and accounting.  We've been using at least part of this suite
for close to 20 years (with major version upgrades, ownership changes,
operating system changes, hardware changes, etc.).  We've been running the
full suite for about 8 years.  Before that our development office used
software running on the Pick operating system on a McDonnell-Douglas computer.

The satisfaction largely depends on what kind of user is interviewed.  The
heavy daily users are generally satisfied, but the infrequent users and
nonprogrammers wanting custom reports are generally unsatisfied.

>Date:         Thu, 11 Nov 1999 19:34:03 -0500
>Sender:       The EDUCAUSE CIO Constituent Group Listserv
>From:         Ron Heasley <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      [CIO] Admin. Software
>To:           [log in to unmask]
>
>Colleagues,
>
>We are in the process of selecting a new administrative software package
>for our campus.
>You could help me by answering a few questions.
>
>What administrative software is used on your campus?
>How long has the campus been using this software?
>What package did you use previously?
>Would you say that the campus is generally satisfied with this admin.
>software?
>
>Thank you,
>Ron

>Ron Heasley, Exec. Dir.                 Nicarry Hall 113B
>Information and Technology Services     (717) 361-1558
>[log in to unmask]                 FAX-1483

Kevin Shalla
Illinois Institute of Technology
(312) 567-3883