< Back to LISTSERV archives

ASM@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU

ASM Home

ASM  1999

ASM 1999

Re: [CIO] Admin. Software

Karl Steiner <[log in to unmask]>

The EDUCAUSE Administrative Systems Mgmt Constituent Group Listserv <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 15 Nov 1999 14:48:47 -0500

>>From:         Ron Heasley <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject:      [CIO] Admin. Software
>>To:           [log in to unmask]
>>
>>Colleagues,
>>
>>We are in the process of selecting a new administrative software package
>>for our campus.
>>You could help me by answering a few questions.
>>
>>What administrative software is used on your campus?
>>How long has the campus been using this software?
>>What package did you use previously?
>>Would you say that the campus is generally satisfied with this admin.
>>software?
>>
>>Thank you,
>>Ron

Providence College is still cranking on a Wang VS 8000 system.
Adm software since 1989: Dynalogic financials and H/R
                             DMI Student Systems
We bought the COBOL source code from DMI (they were not Y2K'ing it) and
spent the last year converting it for Y2K. (took the heat off to throw a
new system in by Jan.)
Other systems include:  ATT CampusWide for dorm access and meal plans
                                RMS a dorm residence system
                                Applix for student Helpdesk and workorder

We have contracted with Edutech consultants to assist in the needs
analysis, RFP, and vendor selection process. We are going into this with an
open mind and no vendor favorites. Most users are itching for new
technology (Web applications).