There is still time to submit a proposal for the 2013 ELD Conference and we have some very exciting news to add to an already exciting conference

The new submission deadline is March 17, 2013 and the reason we've extended the window to submit is because select proceeding from the conference will be published in the new Journal of Emerging Learning Design (ELDJ).  This is not to say that all presentations will or are expected to appear in the ELDJ, or that consideration for ELDJ is a requirement of submission.  But for those who are interested, publication in this peer-reviewed journal is going to be an option.  Details on the ELDJ appear at the bottom of this notice.  The paper for the proceeding is NOT due at the time of submission for the call for proposals.  Presentations at the conference will be reviewed by the Journal of Emerging Learning Design Editorial Board and invitations to appear in the proceedings will be issued not long afterward.  Papers for accepted invitations would be due late summer/early fall 2013.

For more information on ELD13 Conference, please click on the following link
http://eld.montclair.edu/

2013 Conference Theme – Learning As Disruption
The mission of the Emerging Learning Design Conference is to showcase best practices in design and implementation by bringing together those interested in engaging in a vibrant and dynamic discourse regarding pedagogy and how technology can better enhance it.

The 2013 conference will take place on the campus of Montclair State University.  MSU is located in northern New Jersey, 14 miles west of Manhattan and is easily accessible by car, bus, or train.

As part of our rolling acceptance method of creating the conference program, we've already secured some great presentations.  Don't delay in submitting yours to fill our remaining spots alongside presentations like these:

·         Christopher Donoghue will help you increase the frequency and quality of instructor-student interaction in distance education using Qualtrics, in “Virtual Instructor-Student Interaction in an Asynchronous Learning Network”.

·         Michael Kolitsky will show us how to enable different modes of learning, on-demand, with “Where Does 3D Printing Fit Into Your Pedagogical Thinking?”

·         John T Oliver will make a case for the pedagogical value of open, collaborative knowledge construction in “Making student Wikipedians: Encouraging disruptive scholarly communication”

·         Sophie Idromenos will demonstrate game design using Scratch in a hands-on workshop called "The Scratch Disruption: Video Game Design with Scratch.

We are also pleased to announce that the Very Early Bird Registration pricing has also been extended until March 17th.  So there’s still time to get the lowest registration cost available, at least for a couple more weeks.

The Journal of Emerging Learning Design
The Journal of Emerging Learning Design (ELDJ) is an open access, peer-reviewed, online journal that provides a platform for academics and practitioners to explore emerging learning design theories, concepts, and issues and their implications at national and international levels.

An outgrowth of the annual Emerging Learning Design Conference, which makes its home at Montclair State University (MSU), The ELDJ invites scholarly communication in the emerging learning design field and will present best practices in design and implementation by offering articles that present, propose, or review engaging and dynamic approaches to pedagogy and how technology can better enhance it.

The inaugural issue is planned for March 22nd, 2013.  The issue including the proceedings from the Emerging Learning Design 2013 conference is anticipated for early 2014.

--
-----

AJ Kelton
Director of Emerging & Instructional Technology
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Montclair State University
http://eit.montclair.edu